Love them or hate them jacket potatoes are often on the vegan radar. I’ve found that quite often a jacket potato with baked beans is going to be your only choice for lunch in a lot of places. But hey, the times they are a changing as the song goes, and soon the world might have caught on that we fancy something a little more exciting for lunch. Here’s our favourite potato topping of all time.
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms (any type will do)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic (or a couple of teaspoons of lazy garlic from a jar)
- 4 teaspoons of coconut cream
- 1 dessert spoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- A sprinkle of freshly ground nutmeg
Chop the mushrooms and add them to a medium sized pan, along with the spinach, garlic, coconut cream and mustard. Cook over a medium heat for around 5 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened. Add the chia seeds, and let them soak up some of the liquid. Mushrooms and spinach carry a lot of water. Sprinkle on the ground nutmeg and serve with a jacket potato.