This time of year it’s useful to have a stash of soup recipes under your belt. The ultimate in comfort food, and brilliant at using up random ingredients you have sitting in the bottom of your fridge.
- 1/2 a paper bag of mushrooms (I’m referring to the bags in the supermarket that you fill, say around 10)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 red pepper
- 4 spring onions
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- Shake of chilli powder
- 3 Cardamom pods – seeds only
- Shake of cayenne pepper
- Glug of oil
If you’ve a Vitamix you can probably guess what I’m going to say…whack it all in and 5 minutes later, tasty soup! For those of you cooking traditionally, this bit is for you….
- Chop the mushrooms, pepper and spring onion into evenly sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add the mushrooms, pepper and onions.
- Grate or slice the ginger and add to the pan.
- Add the spices.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer until all the vegetables have softened.
- Pop in a food processor or use a stick blender to blend into soup!
Enjoy! Serve with crusty bread or on its own. Up to you!